Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Feminist Husband

I am so jealous. My husband has found his calling. He is working for the Lexington Affiliate of Susan G. Komen For the Cure. He and his boss are two of the very few men who work for the organization nationally. And they are passionate and so good at what they do. His boss's wife is a 30-something year old survivor. Carl lost his grandmother to breast cancer and the loss of my mom's best friend, who was dear to us both, to the disease was the catalyst for us moving back to Kentucky. He gets to be an advocate for women on a daily basis. And he is so good at it. Women dominate his life. Sometimes to his discomfort and even misery, I am sure. I don't have enough time or space to talk about the time he has spent taking care of the women in his life and how that has affected him both positively and negatively, but I know that one of the positives is his passion for causes that affect them. I am so happy for him that he gets to spend every day fighting for the women he loves, but I am so very jealous also.

No comments: