Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Wonderful Husband

So, with the last post being about our divorce/annulment and having said some borderline negative things about marriage in that and other posts, I feel moved to say some nice things about my husband. Here are some of the reasons why I love him:

(1) He has unbelievable compassion for people. He has the rare quality of being able to see a person's circumstances and have a truly loving heart for all kinds of people - even those others find unloveable.

(2) He loves his family sacrificially.

(3) He sees the beauty in people that aren't beautiful by the worlds standards. We aren't having any more children biologically, but I hope that we can one day adopt a little girl so he can make her feel beautiful because he has such a wonderful ability to see the beauty in women and girls that they don't see in themselves.

(4) He is the most handsome man I know. Seriously, he's gorgeous. I am constantly humbled that he is attracted to me (I almost don't want to type that because I know how it might sound. really - my self-esteem is just fine - I just adore my husband).

(5) He is a fiercely loyal friend.

(6) He loves God, but isn't afraid to question - and to listen to my millions of questions.

(7) He's very, very funny.

(8) We have the same favorite ice cream - mint chocolate chip from Baskin Robbins.

(9) He loved Kentucky basketball before I met him.

(10) He is an amazing father who isn't afraid to love his sons, to change diapers, to feed them, to pick out their clothes, to put them to bed, to read them stories, to play ball with them. I literally never worry about his competence to take care of them without me or question his love and commitment to them.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great post. To read of your reconciliation is just amazing. Be blessed!

Melissa said...

send me your email again---I lost it by mistake!!